Whether you’re considering buying a new construction home or resale home in Toronto, you’re looking for the best home your money can buy. You want the reassurance of knowing you’re buying a well-constructed home, free of deficiencies. That’s why you’ll spend weeks or even months looking at the real estate before you make a choice.
A New Construction Home Versus a Resale Home
When you buy a resale home, you’re relying on the good word of the seller and the skill of your home inspector. There are a lot of unknowns because years of damage or neglect can be hidden beneath the drywall. Particularly in Toronto, where a great many of the homes that are available are more than 50 years old, there are a variety of things that can be missed in a home inspection.
- Concealed plumbing problems, leaks, or past water damage
- Out-of-date or poorly installed electrical wiring
- Out of date heating, air conditioning and ventilation equipment
- DIY repairs or patch-jobs that won’t withstand the test of time
Resale homes can also be subject to highly competitive pricing situations that can leave you open to disappointment, or can cause you to spend more than you had intended to. Sometimes, you can be pressured to submit firm offers, without the prior guidance of a lawyer or home inspector.
With a new home, you can be assured of a few key things, which can make the experience much more enjoyable. You can rest assured, having the confidence that a warranty brings because all new homes are assured by TARION.
In addition, when you buy from a builder, you do not have to ‘outbid’ anyone else. While prices will typically raise a little over time according to demand, builders openly share pricing with prospective buyers and these are fixed until a price increase happens.
Other Benefits of Buying a New Construction Home
There are a great many benefits of buying a new home from a builder:
- You are given an opportunity to ‘see inside the walls’ of your new home prior to drywall. This is a great chance to get a look at the home’s infrastructure before it is covered up
- Your home is constructed by highly skilled tradespeople who are experts in plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning and more
- New homes are built with all-new materials and brand-new HVAC equipment is installed, along with new appliances (if appliances are included in your agreement of purchase and sale)
- You are given an opportunity to view the craftsmanship of your home prior to closing
You Have More Choice with New Construction Townhomes
If you’re not yet sold on the idea of buying a new construction home or condominium over a resale home, there’s one final thing to think about. And this is a big one: design plays a big role in your enjoyment of your home, your pride of ownership, and it also makes a big difference in the future resale value of your home.
And there is also the simple pleasure of choosing finishes and design features that reflect your own personal tastes. That’s right, getting the home you’ve always wanted to have!
You can learn so much more about the many design upgrades and options available from BAZIS at their newest Toronto neighbourhood, Bartley Towns, at Victoria Park and Eglinton Ave.
Tips for Buying a New Home from a Builder
- Do: Ask lots of questions, be inquisitive! A representative will spend time with you so that you understand everything about the community and the home’s features and finishes
- Do: Your own research. Drive the neighbourhood and get a feel for the local shopping and schools, and your typical routes to work
- Do: Ask for copies of floorplans and the site plan (which is a bird’s eye view of the lots that are available) along with other materials such as an amenities map and finishes sheet
- Do: Get your financing in order. It’s important to know what the bank will approve you for. It’s ideal if you can save a little back to spend on upgrades, such as extra lighting, electrical upgrades, rough-in washrooms, or other items that are harder to do later on
- Do: Ask for an upgrade price book so that you can plan your upgrades at the time of sale
- Do: Take advantage of grand opening or pre-opening incentives. You can usually get the best price this way
If you’re considering buying a new construction home in Toronto, take a closer look at Bartley Towns, a new community coming to life at Victoria Park and Eglinton Ave. Bartley Towns is close to the new Eglinton Crosstown transit, and the area is being transformed!
To be informed of the latest news, register for Bartley Towns here to get updates into your email inbox.
Torontonians love their new homes. In a 2018 Globe and Mail Report, there will be well over 100,000 new homes built between 2010 and 2020. With all the new houses built in the GTA, it’s easy to see new trends as they emerge, and new home buyers demand them.
It’s important to consider not only the upgrades that have *sizzle* but also the practical upgrades that are costly to do later, as well. These are things such as upgrades to ceiling heights, electrical and insulation. Continue reading
Bartley Towns is the newest townhome development in Toronto from BAZIS. It is comprised of more than 100 freehold and condominium townhomes with 3, 4 and 5 bedrooms. Sizes range from 1,475 sq. ft. to over 1,700 sq. ft.
Bartley Towns is located at Eglinton Ave and Victoria Park Ave. It is adjacent to Bartley Park, a community park that is maintained by the City of Toronto. In the immediate vicinity of Bartley Towns, there are numerous schools, parks and natural areas, as well as O’Connor Community Centre which has great fitness facilities including a pool. Continue reading
Buying a new home is a great opportunity. When you buy a home from a builder, you are the first person to ever live in it. It is presented to you clean, finished, and exactly how you want it. You choose your layout, your colours, finishes and upgrades. Continue reading
One of the biggest benefits of buying new is being able to make it exactly how you want it. Bartley Towns new Toronto townhomes offer just that. The ability to customize their Bartley townhomes is a huge benefit for busy Toronto families.
The process of selecting your own finishes is a pleasure to dream about. Start by choosing your favourite looks in magazines and keeping an eye on interiors that reflect your personal style. It can be as much fun to choose your home’s finishes, as it is to put together your fall wardrobe! Continue reading
Bartley Towns is a new community of townhomes at Victoria Park and Eglinton Ave. It offers excellent access to the new Crosstown LRT, with an aboveground stop approximately 600m from the site.
This new transit line effectively connects east and west, and Metrolinx estimates it can save travel times up to 60%. Continue reading
Introducing the great schools and community centres near BAZIS’ Bartley Towns. Be part of something incredible as the area of Victoria Park and Eglinton Ave. transforms.
There are great schools both public and separate close to the community, along with three alternative/private schools. There are two libraries nearby and three community centres and eight great parks. Continue reading
Bartley Towns is the latest townhome development to come to Toronto. Situated close to Eglinton Ave E. at Victoria Park, Bartley Towns is within an established residential Toronto neighbourhood in the midst of a commercial and residential revitalization due to the planned Eglinton Crosstown LRT which is under construction. Continue reading
BAZIS has introduced Bartley Towns, a new residential real estate development in Toronto, comprised of luxury modern towns at Eglinton Ave. East and Victoria Park Ave. Bartley Towns is situated in a neighbourhood that is being completely redefined by the impending arrival of the new transit, new retail and commercial developments and new amenities.
With 3-bedroom townhomes starting just over $1 million and overlooking a park, Bartley Towns promises to be an ideal destination for urban families looking to live within commuting distance to downtown Toronto. Continue reading