Yonge and Eglinton is undoubtedly one of the hottest neighbourhoods in Toronto. Every month there seems to be a new restaurant or shop opening up to accommodate the hundreds of people that are moving into the new Yonge and Eglinton Condos being built. So this week we decided to take a look at 5 new spots that have opened up in the area.
- The Drake Store, a favourite amongst Torontonians opened up it’s second store in our neighbourhood a month ago. We already took a look and came up with a list of things you have to check out! It’s undoubtedly one of the best places to find a gift for just about anyone.
- Douce France, a Parisian café and confectionery shop is now open at 2471 Yonge Street (north of Eglinton Avenue). We like the idea of a Parisian cafe that has us reminiscing of Paris, but what really won us over was the delectable treats!
- Bluboho opened up it’s second store in Yonge and Eglinton very recently. The Canadian-owned jewelry boutique offers the most quaint and unique pieces of bling found in Toronto, with most of the designers being from North America. If you see a piece you like, grab it quick: most pieces are limited edition or one-of-a-kind exclusive to Bluboho!
- Boar, the new sandwich shop from the owner of the Black Camel is worth a visit. Though it’s a small venue, the food will definitely feel your hearty appetite. Think Italian sandwiches made with fresh ingredients and in-house sauces. Hosts seven people, but will be hosting more when the patio opens up! Perfect for the summer!
- We’ve shown you where you can eat, and we’ve shown you where you can shop – now head over to Barreworks and get your fitness on! It makes the list because it’s a definite hot spot in the neighbourhood. The exercise classes combine fitness training, core conditioning, yoga and pilates to help you get into shape for the summer (you can thank us later)!
Did we miss any? Let us know below!