It should come as no surprise that 1 Yorkville is booming with sustainable features. After all, we do constantly write about buildings that have embraced adaptive reuse, cargotecture, and heritage preservation – all of which help the environment in one way or another.
Here are some of 1 Yorkville’s sustainable features:
- High performance thermal envelope minimizes unwanted solar gain and heat loss
- The thermal envelope is the heat flow control layer that affects temperature control in the building. At 1 Yorkville this section between the conditioned and unconditioned section of the building will reduce energy usage and stabilize the building’s temperature.
- Selection of high efficiency building mechanical equipment
- Elevators, parking garages and other mechanical equipment in our building will work at the highest performance level with energy efficiency.
- Paints with low levels of volatile organic compounds
- All the paint we’ll be using is void of any chemicals that will evaporate from the paint into the air, such as formaldehyde.
- Hard surface flooring for easy maintenance to remove dust and allergens
- Minimized water use through the design of low waste systems and a selection of water wise fixtures and appliances
- Efficiency is key and we’re making sure that all of our water systems conserve water while still providing you with what you need.
- Motion sensors in common areas to reduce electricity costs
- No one there? Then there’s no need for the lights. But the minute you walk in the door you won’t have to worry about finding the light switch – the light will come on to greet you.
- Tri-sorter disposal and recycling system
- Sorting waste is integral to our commitment to sustainability and our tri-sorter system will make it easy for our residents to know that they’re disposing of waste properly.
We’d love to chat with you in person about 1 Yorkville’s many features. If you’re attracted to the sustainability features you’ll definitely fall in love with the rest of 1 Yorkville, including our amenities and location!
Come visit our Presentation Lounge at 162 Cumberland St. Toronto. We’re open Monday to Thursday from 12 PM to 5 PM, and Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM to 5 PM. We’re also available by appointment on Fridays.
Give us a call at 416-519-2911 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org