The end of the year is always so bittersweet – while we’re sad to say farewell to such a good 2014, we have so much to look forward to in 2015. However, before we dive into the New Year, let’s take a look at how our year went.
- Construction is moving along nicely at E Condos – we’re in the shoring stages, and still finishing up demolition. Can’t wait until we start excavation on site next year!
- We learned a lot about architecture this year (like we do every year!) – we took a look at buildings made from ice from around the world, the use of domes (an old architectural trend), Mughal architecture, and chatted about 3D printing.
- We kept up with what’s happening with the Eglinton Crosstown LRT – they’ve begun work on the Bathurst station, and the tunnel boring machines have started tunneling toward Yonge Street.
- We profiled and ate out at many new restaurants, juice bars and cafes in Yorkville, Yonge and Eglinton, and Yonge and Sheppard – like Yuzu Izakaya, Greenhouse Juice Co., and The Good Press.
- We learned that Hazelton Lanes is in for a big makeover, and that has us really excited!
- The work at Exhibit is coming along smoothly, with lots of work being done on the parking garage and the building itself.
- We’re really proud of the progress at Emerald Park and the fact that it’s going to be home to LCBO, Metro and a Starbucks!
- We can’t not talk about 1 Yorkville! This year we released more renderings, talked about its sustainable features, the Signature Concierge Service, shared some first sketches of 1 Yorkville, and answered some questions about the project.
And a whole lot more! We couldn’t be happier with how the year went, and we can’t wait to see how next year goes!
Happy holidays from everyone at Bazis!