There are few things that make us happier than a new wardrobe for spring, or summer! We’re lucky that we have projects in some of Toronto’s most fashionable hubs, including Bloor Yorkville, and Yonge and Eglinton.
We popped into a few shops near E Condos (yes, we’ve started the demolition!) to get a feel for spring trends. Here’s what we found:
1. After months and months of wearing suffocating boots, we’re so glad to finally ditch ‘em and invest in a few good pairs of sandals and flats! We’ve been eyeing these Charlotte Stone Joss Sandals ($150) from The Drake General Store for quite some time now. They’re available in black or white, with the soles being 100% natural cork and gum rubber.
2. The JRB-Woolrich jacket might be called a travel jacket but we think it’s worthy of being rocked until the first snowfall (too soon?) regardless of whether or not you’re traveling. It’s available in three different colours: navy, olive and khaki. We totally think olive is going to be the colour of the season and at $260 this jacket is a steal!
3. It’s not too early to start digging out those maxi dresses, even if we’re just hitting the double digits these days! Pair your favourite maxi dress with a denim jacket and you’re good to go! You might need to wear a pair of leggings if you’re cold, but at least you’ll feel like summer! Hatley’s has plenty of cute ones to pick from, including this Black and Red Stripes Maxi Dress ($84).
4. No summer outfit is complete without a hat and Canopy Blue has just the one. Florabella hats ($120) paired with a maxi dress? Summeris here!
5. Gentlemen, we haven’t forgotten about you – we know you need a few pairs of shorts to get ready for cottage season and straight-up loungin’. We love these Koto Sweater Shorts ($59) from Urban Outfitters because they look so comfortable.
Have you started planning your summer wardrobe? Let us know what you’ve found!